Private Label Soap
Your brand is the most important identity your Company, Shop or Boutique can have. Custom Soap Colorado understands this and will work just as hard to make your private label soap YOUR SOAP.
Private Label Soap Info
- Every Soap is Unique to the Client
- Minimum Order is 500 bars
- Costs Ranges from $2.75 – $6.50+
- Natural and Organic oils
- Scents – Almost Infinite
- Size – 2 oz to 10 oz
- Colors – Almost Infinite
- Stamping – Available
- Soap on a Rope – Available
- Premium Labels Start At 2500
- Custom box start at 2500 bars
- Want Additional Ingredients?
We are an intimate manufacturer that works with our clients to create a unique product and a unique experience for their customers.
The combinations are almost infinite. Below are 7 simple steps to help you narrow down your thoughts. Tell us about your Dream Private Label Soap and DREAM BIG!
If you still have questions, that’s fine. This is just a starting point.
STEP 1: Fragrance
Tell us exactly which fragrance you have in mind, an idea, OR we can put our custom fragrance abilities to work and create something for you.
5 Great Essential Oil Blends
- Cedar & Rosemary
- Spruce & Allspice
- Citrus & Clove
- Wood & Patchouli
- Spearmint & Cinnamon
5 Great Fragrance Oils
- Caribbean Tobacco
- Cedar Woods
- Bay Rum
- Fresh Bamboo
STEP 2: Color(s) & Effects
Colors for your Private Label Handmade Soap are almost infinite. Please note that scent might have an affect on the final color(s). The scent might also have an affect on the ability to swirl or style the colors. We recommend that clients do a Sample Batch to see how their soap will look and smell like, before production.
- Natural Colorants
- Wavy Layers
- Plain Old Solid
- Wire Mixed
STEP 3: Additional Ingredients
Additives like ground Walnut Shells can give your soap some exfoliating capabilities or Bentonite Clay can make your lather a little bit creamer.
- Bentonite Clay
- Kaolin Clay
- Yellow Silt Clay
- Green Sea Clay
- Brazilian Red Clay
- Ground Walnut Shells
- Poppy Seeds
- Raspberry Seeds
- The list goes on…
- Sodium Lactate
- The list goes on…
STEP 4: Base Oils
Base oils are the backbone of your Private Label Soap and different oils have different properties. All base oils, carrier oils and butter, on the market, can be used including animal oils. We need to know what you intend to use the soap for. All our base oils are Natural or Organic.
- We can use formulas from the client
- Or we can use our formulas
Basic Handcrafted Soap Base:
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Palm oil
- Rice Bran oil
- Castor oil
- And Avocado oil
Premium Handmade Soap Base:
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Palm oil (less than 10%)
- Castor oil
- And Avocado oil
Organic Soap Base:
- Organic Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Shea Butter
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Palm oil (less than 10%)
- Organic Castor oil
We purchase almost 100% of our carrier oils from Soaper’s Choice. The reason being, the possibility that a high percentage of carrier oils are being adulterated and Soaper’s Choice tests their products to make sure they are the best.
STEP 5: Dimension, Weight and Quantities
We produce cold process soap in large quantities. To handle this much soap, we use large, flat tray mold or cube molds. We can make your soap in pretty much any Dimension and Weight.
- Most bars are 2.5 wide x 3 tall x 1 think. This is a 4.5 oz bar.
- Bars can be any dimension and please note that odd dimensions will be required to be cut by hand. More time, more cost.
- Round Bars are possible and will depend on the scent and ingredients. Scent can cause the soap to set quickly causing either air pockets or worse, soap too thick to pour.
- 2 oz to 10 oz
- Too large of a bar is going to cause problems trying to get the bar to lather properly.
- 4 oz to 6 oz is an ideal weight
- Minimum order is 500 bars
- We scale to request by building molds in house ,and for larger orders, can purchase oils/butter pre-blend to reduce the number of steps and time involved.
STEP 6: Adding Value to your Private Label Soap
Adding value to your Private Label Handmade Soap can make your bars stand out and might get you a higher retail price. Click here to learn more about Adding Value to your soap.
- Custom stamps are cost effective to create and give your private label soap a look all of its own. All we need is a PDF of your logo and we’ll take care of the rest.
Soap on a Rope
- A unique addition that will separate your bars from others
- Rope comes in many different colors, materials and designs.
- Most bars are cut using a multi-wire cutter. The Colorado Cut involves using a single wire that has been bent.
STEP 7: Packaging
There are so many ways to package your private label soap. Here are just a few ideas.
- Digitally printed labels start at 500 bars with limited paper stock and sizes.
- Premium digitally printed labels, including all paper stock and sizes start at 2500 bars.
- Shapes in Rectangle, Square, Round, etc.
- Custom shapes are available and might incur a design fee
Custom Soap Boxes
- Custom printed boxes start at 2500 bars.
- Boxes will protect your soap in transit and pack into secondary boxes with ease.
- Soap is ever shrinking and boxes allow for soap to shrink without notice.
- These are the way to go.
- Heat Shrink Bags (These are not recommended as soap always shrinking ans will become loose in the shrink wrap).
- White Wax Bag with or without a Custom Ink Stamp.
- Custom Ink Stamp and colorful tape for unique look.
- Naked (Our soap is proud to be seen without a wrapper!)
- Many other possibilities!
F. A. Q.s
Can I order less than 500 bars?
Yes, this is considered a retail order and will cost more per bar than a wholesale order. The lowest amount we will manufacture is 150 bars. Another option might be Bulk Soap, where orders start at 300 bar. Bulk Soap does not offer stamping or labeling.
What can I sell a bar for?
This is up to you and your research. The highest amount a client has told us they planned to sell bars for was $20 – $25. The average amount would probably be in the $9 – $15 range. This is why we ask for both your acquiring and selling prices so we can help you build value in your customer’s eyes and get you the price you want.
Cost Per Bar
There is no set price for our private label soap due to the almost infinite amount of combinations and value added options. You can expect the cost per bar to be around $2.75 to $6.50 and possibly more.
Can I combine different scents to make 500 bars?
No. We might allow for you to do 400 of several different scents. Be a nice client and your chances of this go up exponentially. The whole process of concept and soap making takes a lot of time and energy and this is why our minimums are where they are.
Can I do a palm-free soap?
Yes. Clients can add and/or subtract any oil or butter.
Why can't you give me a price without me answering some questions?
No, we make a custom product that is unique to every client. This is the exact opposite of what you are looking for and that is a commodity. If you just want soap, visit thesoapguy.com. They have lots of already made soap to choose from. The difference being, you can only order what they have. At Custom Soap Colorado, you get to customize every aspect of YOUR product.
Fun Fact of the Day!
The current market for wet shaving and other men’s grooming is a
$5 Billion a year and is expected to reach $30 Billion in just a few years.
Some Men are spending $80 to $150 a month on these products.
Are you going to get some of that $30 Billion?
Please do not ask for pricing or a price list. We create a custom product, designed to add value in your customer’s eyes. We need more information about the product you are looking for before we can to a final price.